How your bank account with internet banking facility can be hacked?
1. Hacker accesses your name and date of birth from Facebook.
2. With these details he goes to the IncomeTax site and updates them. From there he obtains the pancard and mobile numbers.
3. Then he gets a duplicate pancard made.
4. After this he lodges a mobile theft complaint in a police station/services provider.
5. With the duplicate pancard he gets another simcard from the mobile company.
6. Through internet banking he is now ready to access your account.
7. He goes to the site and uses the forgot my password option.
8. Now he easily gets past other options and gets the Internet banking pin on his simcard.
This information was issued by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN).
All those who used Internet Banking are requested to edit Facebook profile and delete the birth date and mobile no. as a safety measure.
Forwarded as received.
Dr Sam Faboyede FCA. MB9442